cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the IOT Controller Node Red Option For SmartZone Controller Device

laeeq2410
New Contributor II

Hi;

I'm new in Ruckus Devices. I have Smart Zone Controller having the VIRTUAL SMARTZONE - HIGH SCALE Software on that. I want to use the IoT Controller Suite NODE RED Option to get the devices information on my webserver. 
How can I use the IoT Controller Suite Node Red Option? Do I have to update the software somewhere or connect some device with the SmartZone controller? 

Please Guide.

Regards

Laeeq

12 REPLIES 12

laeeq2410
New Contributor II

Hi Phiravin;

Thank you so much for your reply. I will ask if I will face any difficulty in it. 

Regards

Laeeq

laeeq2410
New Contributor II

Hi Phiravin;

I hope you are good, I don't want to manage IoT Devices in my network. I just want to use some rules for my network to get the connected devices information on my web application. How can i deploy the VM IoT Controller 1.8 and connect it with vSZ 5.1. 

Please guide

Regards

Laeeq

laeeq2410
New Contributor II

HI phiravin;

I have read so many documents from ruckus support but unable to do that.Can you please clarify below points:
1- I found the SNMP option in SZ 5.1 and i can unable it but after enabling what i have to do? Do i need any software to communicate with SZ 5.1? 
2- There are so many MIB files. Which command do i need to get the list of devices and also where i have to write those commands?

Phiravin
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @laeeq2410 

I am well. Thank you and hope you are well too.

The Node RED comes with the vRIOT controller and can only be used to fetch details of IoT devices connected to the AP.

It would not be able to fetch details of 802.11 Wireless clients connected to the vSZ managed APs.

Regards,

Phiravin

laeeq2410
New Contributor II

Hi Phiravin;

Thanks for guiding me. Is there any way to get the information of wireless clients connected with APs 

Regards

Laeeq