cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest Access Portal Redirect not working on Android and iOS Devices

kuldev
New Contributor

Can someone help me please. I have recently configured Guest Access Portal, however the redirect is not working for Android and iOs devices. Can someone explain why? Is there something else I need to configure. It works well for Windows devices. I.e. a MS Surface Device.

8 REPLIES 8

kuldev
New Contributor

I have tried from Android device this morning and I think its to do with with our SSL certificate. We use a wild card certificate, is this what is causing the issue?

kuldev
New Contributor

I have attached a screenshot of the error message.

Picture 3.png

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

@kuldev 
So you are not facing the redirection issue but with the Certificate error?
On the browser, can you check the certificate details and see to which cert it is giving the error?
I mean if you click on the certificate details, see if the client is using the right certificate of the controller or not.

@sanjay_kumar  

Looks like the error is to do with the Certificate. Our certificate is a wild certificate (*domain name) however our Guest Portal is IP Address:9997 From reading online the SSL certificate needs to be exactly matching and that's why its causing the error. Theoretically If I purchased another SSL certificate (Maybe a SAN) I could add the FQDN of our Guest Portal (i.e. the hostname of the  Virtual Smart Zone) and the IP address of the Virtual Smart Zone. Would that work?