cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curl problems (api and Smartzone)

jonas_dekkers_k
New Contributor III
Hi,

I'm creating an api program in combination with Ruckus access points and a Smartzone. When I login with the api's using postman everything works. Also with http request and php 5.3 it isn't a problem. But for php7 I need to use Curl and I receive certificate Errors. Can someone help me?

Programm language: php7

Error I get:
cURL Error #:SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Example code:
$curl = curl_init();

curl_setopt_array($curl, array(
  CURLOPT_PORT => "7443",
  CURLOPT_URL => "https://$smartzone_ip:7443/api/public/v5_0/session";,
  CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true,
  CURLOPT_ENCODING => "",
  CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS => 10,
  CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 30,
  CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => false,
  CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION => CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1,
  CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST => "POST",
  CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS => "{\r\n  \"username\": \"$gebruikersnaam_ruckus\",\r\n  \"password\": \"$paswoord_ruckus\",\r\n  \"timeZoneUtcOffset\": \"+01:00\"\r\n}",
  CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER => array(
    "cache-control: no-cache",
    "content-type: application/json;charset=UTF-8",
    "cookie: JSESSIONID={JSESSIONID}",
    "postman-token: 2d8d37d3-7cd5-7cf5-f5c6-480a9805bfa9"
  ),
));

$response = curl_exec($curl);
$err = curl_error($curl);

curl_close($curl);

if ($err) {
  echo "cURL Error #:" . $err;
} else {
  echo $response;
}

If I add the following code to the curl_setopt_array (I know this isn't a good solution, but just for testing):
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => false,

I get the following error:
cURL Error #:SSL: certificate subject name 'scg.ruckuswireless.com' does not match target host name '78.XX.XXX.XXX'
7 REPLIES 7

jonas_dekkers_k
New Contributor III
No one?

I'm not a programmer sorry, but the error appears to be with the IP address of the SCG in your FQDN 'scg.ruckuswireless.com'.
Do you have a DNS entry with this name and correct IP?

I just use the ip-address so I don't know why he is referring to scg.ruckuswireless.be.
We have our own Virtual Smartzone

did you provide a proper certificate to VSCG? given you're using ruckuswireless.be, im guessing you're using that as a private domain and not a public one. As such, I doubt you can get a proper domain cert. Also, you're using the IP to connect and the server is providing a certificate which does not have the IP, but only the hostname.

Regardles, the CURL option you want is CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST=0 instead of VERIFYPEER=0

Until you get a proper certificate, you'll need to use the VERIFYHOST=0 option. 

The proper certificate should have the CN (common name) issued to "scg.ruckuswireless.be" but also a SAN issued to the public IP 73.x.x.x 

good luck!