cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the resources of ruckus smartzone-essentials virtual machine

mohammad_shamse
New Contributor III

Hello Team,

We already have ruckus Virtual smartzone-Essentials deployed on a virtual machine, and it accommodates for a maximum of 100 AP. In the site we had an unexpected growth and we need to install more than 100 AP, in the document it is stated that for deployments to accommodate up to 500 AP , 4 vcpu required , 16 GB ram , 150 GB storage ... So my question is that if we turned off our deployed virtual machine and edited the settings and changed it according to the above  , then power on the virtual machine again , will our virtual SmartZone will be able to accommodate to 500 AP , or a new installation is needed ?

thanks for your support  

8 REPLIES 8

@mohammad_shamseddine

Can you please help me with the version of the controller you have and is it a single node or redundant.

Best Regards

Vineet 

Hello,

It is a single node, and its version is 3.5.1.0.862

@mohammad_shamseddine

Apologies but there has been a confusion, for vSZ-E we will need below resource as above was for vSZ-H.

To manage AP count from 101 to 1024

HD:250GB
vCPU:8
RAM:18

Below release note has the same documented :

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/2017-smartzone-3-5-1-0-862-mr1-patch1-release-notes 

Best Regards

Vineet

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

No need to reinstall. You just need resources, and you can't change VM setting without turning it off. So you need to shutdown VM, add cores and RAM, and you'll be fine. You want to give more RAM (probably 20-22GB), and cores usually are not an issue at all. 

I would recommend to reinstall it anyway, as Essentials has misses some very important features, but license is exactly the same.  The most important in practice is possibility to have different firmware version in different zones, as well as no need to upgrade AP firmware at same moment as upgrading vSZ.  There are arguably some situations when Essentials is preferred, but I never in practice met such. 

By the way, I think in new version all implementations recommend to have 300GB HDD. 

Hope it helps,