cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement: SmartZone 5.2.1.0.515 (GA) is available on Support Portal

grodog-prod
Contributor II
Greetings---

Ruckus is proud to announce a new major SmartZone 5.2.1 (GA) release, for AP and ICX switch control, with some important new features and functions. 

The Documentation and Firmware are now available on our Support portal, at these links; please read the Release Notes for the New Features and Changed Behaviors: 

SmartZone 5.2.1.0.515 (GA) Release Notes

SmartZone 5.2.1 (GA) Software Documentation (.zip bundle)

All Ruckus SmartZone 5.2.1 Product Guides can be downloaded from https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents?filter=83#sort=relevancy&f:@commonproducts=[vSCG]

SmartZone 5.2.1.0.515 (GA) Sigpack 1.470.1 (Application Signature Package)

All Ruckus SmartZone 5.2.1 Software Images can be downloaded from the Support Portal pages at https://support.ruckuswireless.com/product_families/11-smartzone-sz

All Ruckus Virtual SmartZone (vSZ) and SmartZone-Dataplane (vSZ-DP) 5.2.1 Software Images can be downloaded from the Support Portal pages at 
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/product_families/18-virtual-smartzone-vsz

Allan.
Allan T. Grohe Jr.
==
Knowledge Management Program Director
for RUCKUS Customer Services & Support
27 REPLIES 27

any web auth?

want to use Guest Access Portal

Hi Bino,

Post reading all the confirmation above, I would like to share some details and provide some clarity.

Starting with your query "This is stable firmware? There is no option to create Domain.". It is a GA release(General Availability). To know about GA release and the different between GA vs MR, please refer KBA from here.

About creating Domain. It is only supported on vSZ-H or SZ300. If you are using vSZ-E or SZ100 then this option is not available.

About the bug which Jon is referring above is not a bug (at least as per the latest findings from engineering) on his setup but a configuration miss where it seems an unencrypted cert key was uploaded with a passphrase, thus system rejected the cert.

If you are looking for stable firmware, I would recommend upgrading to 5.1.2.0.302 (MR2). Refer the release notes from here.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi Bino,

Post reading all the confirmation above, I would like to share some details and provide some clarity.

Starting with your query "This is stable firmware? There is no option to create Domain.". It is a GA release(General Availability). To know about GA release and the different between GA vs MR, please refer KBA from here.

About creating Domain. It is only supported on vSZ-H or SZ300. If you are using vSZ-E or SZ100 then this option is not available.

About the bug which Jon is referring above is not a bug (at least as per the latest findings from engineering) on his setup but a configuration miss where it seems an unencrypted cert key was uploaded with a passphrase, thus system rejected the cert.

If you are looking for stable firmware, I would recommend upgrading to 5.1.2.0.302 (MR2). Refer the release notes from here.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi Syamantak,

i understand that domain option don't support at SZ100.

let me know i can install  5.1.2.0.302 (MR2)? Because now i am using 5.2.1.0.515.
Any problem will happen when downgrade the software?