cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating APs outside vSZ's network

lisandro_qui_on
New Contributor II
How can I activate/connect my new APs (R710 and T300) to my vSZ (hosted with GCE)?

Have in mind that these are brand new unregistered APs and they will be operating outside the vSZ's cloud network.
9 REPLIES 9

lisandro_qui_on
New Contributor II
Niklas, by DNS discovery for APs, are you referring to "Method 3: Register the Controller with the
DNS Server" on the "vSZ Getting Started Guide for Release 3.2"?

lisandro_qui_on
New Contributor II
I was able to create A records for both RuckusController and zonedirector pointing to the vSZ controller's static IP, what's next?

lisandro_qui_on
New Contributor II
Where do I open the DHCP configuration file ? Is this for the controller or the AP?

niklas_ejderfj_
New Contributor II
If you use DNS you dont have to configure DHCP. You can either use DHCP or DNS. After you have the A-record pointing towards the vSZ you need to open all the relevant ports on the vSZ side. Chapter 8 in this document describes what you need to know : vscg-3-2-1-getting-started-guide-final. I also found the ports needed in this document: vscg-3-0-3-carrier-administrator-guide on page 395. It is an old document but those where the ones i used when I installed our vSZ.

lisandro_qui_on
New Contributor II
Got it, but how/where do I tell my APs to look for RuckusController.mydomain.com and zonedirector.mydomain.com?