cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi channel restriction.

sergey_sergey
New Contributor II
Hello to all, I have administrative restriction on working only on 64, 132, 134, 136 channels and I have possibility to use only one AP. Could somebody suggest me any Ruckus AP decision for resolving that problem?
7 REPLIES 7

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Search our Knowledge Base for "blacklist" commands to specify which channels to use or not use on SmartZone or ZoneFlex APs.
In your case, you would use these commands to check and configure the settings on your 5GHz radio.

You didn't say what model AP you have.  Indoor and Outdoor APs support different channels.
You can run this full set of commands, and the ones that don't apply won't work (but doesn't
hurt).  There is no channel 134 at your disposal, but these commands leave channel 64, 132,
and 136 turned on for use.

From the rkscli: AP prompt.

set blacklist wifi1 clear

set blacklist wifi1 36 -1
set blacklist wifi1 40 -1
set blacklist wifi1 44 -1
set blacklist wifi1 52 -1
set blacklist wifi1 56 -1
set blacklist wifi1 60 -1
set blacklist wifi1 100 -1
set blacklist wifi1 104 -1
set blacklist wifi1 108 -1
set blacklist wifi1 112 -1
set blacklist wifi1 116 -1
set blacklist wifi1 140 -1
set blacklist wifi1 149 -1
set blacklist wifi1 153 -1
set blacklist wifi1 157 -1
set blacklist wifi1 161 -1
set blacklist wifi1 165 -1

get blacklist wifi1

Thanks for your recommendation. At the moment I have 7982 AP as trial and I look toward R710. As I can get web interface hasn't possibility to put channels into black list?

If the AP is standalone (not connected to a controller) via the web GUI you can manually fix the static channel via the radio common settings.

You should also be able to SSH to an AP direct for CLI. Not sure if the commands above are true for a standalone AP CLI