cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange fluke - POE out, PS voltage low

tagir_galikeev
New Contributor

I have an ICX7150-C12P (with 08090j firmware at the start of the incident), which served the R610 and the Unifi Cloud Key2+ through POE, about 40W in total. Recently I have added the R710 to the mix (about 3 days ago), which was fed by POE as well. Yesterday all POE power was cut off and the syslog had an error complaining about bad power supply. I managed to upgrade the switch to 08095n firmware and the error went away. But the temperature of the unit is quite hot to the touch. Temperature sensor through web interface reports 59C and the "show chassis"  shows temperature for all 4 sensors:

Slot 1 Current Temperature: 81.6 deg-C (Sensor 1), 10.0 deg-C (Sensor 2), 61.0 deg-C (Sensor 3), 62.5 deg-C (Sensor 4)

What bothers me is that sensor #2 is showing just 10C, which is very low and unrealistic (unless 7150 is so sophisticated that it has its own cooling contour inside).

Anybody saw anything like that? Any idea how to fix it? Just to be safe I have only left R610 fed by the switch POE, saved the startup-config and ordered identical switch off ebay.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @tagir_galikeev 

Greetings,

Thank you for your response and for confirming the details.

Based on our assessment, it appears that the issue you are experiencing is related to hardware. We recommend contacting the third-party vendor from whom you purchased the equipment to arrange for a replacement.

Should you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community