cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

major speed decrease when connected through r510 access point

brennan_clark
New Contributor
when connected directly to router from isp by ethernet my download is 900mbps, when hardwired to the ruckus 7150 c12 it goes down to 700mbps and when wirelessly connected to the r510s i get around 90mbps. any help on why this is?
19 REPLIES 19

harry_omm
New Contributor II
Hi Brennan,

Could you please give us more details,
like _
1.while checking the wireless speed which band are you using ?(is it 2.4 or 5 GHz)
2.please confirm the switch port connected to the accesspoint speed,( as if it is 1gbps or 10/100mbps?)
3.while checking the wireless is there any other client connected to the access point
4.and the software you are using for the speed check?

1.while checking the wireless speed which band are you using ?(is it 2.4 or 5 GHz)
- Peak PHY Rates 
2.4GHz: 300Mbps
5GHz: 867Mbps

Thanks,

Check your wiring. We just moved in and have the exact same issue. Turns out the idiots who terminated the CAT6 left about 6 inches of bare wire hanging off the back of the connector. CAT6 certification is very strict there should only be about 1/8 in of bare wire inside the connector. 

Mine are clean on both ends of the CAT6, at the Switch and at the APs.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Are you using R510 Unleashed too?

robert_moua
New Contributor II
I had the same issue as you did. Have you logged into the Ruckus Unleashed portal and verified if the R510 is connected to the ICX at 1000Mbps full? 

I'm on 1 Gig fiber and was pushing 100Mbps only through one of my R510. Turns out it was the ceiling cable. Try pulling the R510 down and connect to the ICX using another cable. It sounds like Lennar low voltage guys don't know what they are doing.

Also sounds like or at least some of the ruckus installations at Lennar homes are contracted out to amazon tech installs.... not sure for the wiring.