cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boot mode reset

cspringer
New Contributor

I am so not equipped to reboot this box. I've done the reset button unplugging about 2 dozen times and now have to do the factory reset. This is a completely overwhelming task based on the videos and guides I've watched.... is there an easy way to get this done?

9 REPLIES 9

Imran_ruckus

Hi @cspringer 

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Based on the details provided, it appears that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is experiencing boot mode issues, and attempts to reset it using a paper clip have been unsuccessful. 

This suggests that the image on the switch may have become corrupted, preventing it from reloading properly. In such cases, performing a software recovery is typically the recommended course of action to restore the switch to normal operation.

To guide you through this process, I recommend referring to the self-help article available in the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base, which provides detailed instructions on performing software recovery for RUCKUS switches. 

You can access the article using the following link: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

Please follow the steps outlined in the article carefully, and feel free to reach out if you encounter any difficulties or require further assistance during the software recovery process.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi 

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Imran_ruckus

Hi @cspringer 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hi there,.... 

No the rebooting the software is beyond what I can handle and there is no other recourse or anyone else that can assist so I guess I don't use the Ruckus anymore. It would be nice if there was actual people available to handle a service request and come to the house to make said repair. Paid of course.... this video is way out of my comfort zone. So I guess I am out of luck.

Hi @cspringer 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out and providing us with your feedback. 

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

As of November 2022, we have transitioned the support structure for Ruckus customers within Lennar Homes. Going forward, all support inquiries will be exclusively handled through our community forum support model. Please note that support via phone, email, or remote sessions will no longer be available.

We understand the importance of providing timely assistance to our customers, and while our forum operates on a best-effort support basis, rest assured that our team is committed to providing comprehensive guidance throughout your troubleshooting process.

In our efforts to simplify the troubleshooting process, we have developed user-friendly guides aimed at facilitating easy navigation for users of all backgrounds. Should you encounter any difficulties or errors during the troubleshooting process, we encourage you to share screenshots or provide detailed descriptions of the issue you're facing. Our team stands ready to assist you every step of the way.

As part of the troubleshooting steps, we recommend attempting to reset the switch once more, following the instructions outlined in the Ruckus Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article. If this proves unsuccessful, the next course of action would be to initiate software recovery.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Process-for-performing-a-phy...

Should you have any further inquiries or require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work to enhance your support experience.

Best Regards,

Imran Sanadi
Ruckus Lennar Home Community