cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connection getting disconnected multiple times

pradeepgogu
New Contributor

I have been using Rukus for the last 3 years without any issues, with multiple providers (Xfinity and AT&T). Recently i have been experience disconnection issues when i connect directly to my Ruckus wifi. The speed is high when I do speed test, but the wifi either gets slow or disconnects frequently. I read the below article and I want to get help on how to fix this, given I only have macbook at home. I am unable to upload pictures to this message (I am getting an error that "You do not have permission to upload images"

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Slow-and-irregular-performan...

Can you please help

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @pradeepgogu 

Greetings!!!
Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please try this on a Windows laptop/PC?

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi - I only have mac and iPhone at home. Is there any way I can do that with mac

Hi @pradeepgogu 

From one of your screenshots you shared, I see there is no Switch added to the Unleashed system.

Could you please reboot (unplug and plug from the power outlet) your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and Internet Service Provider's (ISP) Router once?

Once you perform the reboot, please unplug and plug all the ethernet cables from the Switch ports. Then check if you see the IP address of the RUCKUS Switch in the LanScan and RUCKUS Unleashed system.

Please check and let me know.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

I unplugged and plugged all the cables, and can now see the Switch IP. 

pradeepgogu_0-1707077808528.png

But all the passwords listed here are not working. It worked for accessing Wifi accesspoint, but not the switch. Also I am able to access the switch IP login link when I connect to my ISP provider's, and not the ruckus wifi.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Admin-usernames-and-password...

This is what I get from the CLI

pradeepgogu_1-1707077938318.png

Hi @pradeepgogu 

Greetings!!!

Please try to access CLI using Telnet from the MAC terminal as described below. 

Example "open terminal":

Telnet: Example

nc 10.0.0.132 23 (Format is : nc <ip address of the switch> 23)

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

????telnet@ICX7150-12P Switch>

If you can log in, please share the output of the commands shared previously or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any), and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi