cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi (AP) Off

chris_chau
New Contributor

Ethernet is fine but none of the Access Points are working suddenly, Wifi network lost.

25 REPLIES 25

Hi @chris_chau 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As per the light status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch seem to be in a normal status.

Please unplug and plug Access Points ethernet cables from the Switch port and check.

As I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable (Yellow cable) which is coming from the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port. Reboot (unplug and plug from the power outlet) your Switch once.

Once you complete the above process, please check the connectivity. Let me know if you have any queries.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi, I replugged the ISP cable according to your recommendation and reboot the Switch and it doesn't make any difference. All LAN ports are working fine, however, the 3 APs they were originally working are now rebooting repeatedly and same as the other 2 APs so the entire wireless network is now lost

This one of the three that was working but now it's rebooting non-stop, but according to what happened over the weekend this one will eventually come back to normal but it'll take ~10 hours for them to come back, but the other 2 APs are still rebooting and never work. There is definitely something wrong with the AP settings I feel like. Can you log into the switch and check?

IMG_5987.JPG

Hi @chris_chau 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

We recommend to perform factory reset of the Access Points. Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base guide for the process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Please make sure to follow the IMPORTANT NOTE from the guide and perform the factory reset on ONE connected AP.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi, I followed the instruction to unplug all APs from the switch, expect for the one that I perform the reset at. After the reset, I was able to see the AP "Configured.me-xxxx" but I could not go further as the AP restarted again in less than 30secs so I didn't have time to do anything since it still keeps rebooting itself. Even if I tried to login to this "Configured.me" network via the phone app it doesn't go anywhere.

IMG_5988.PNG

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 11.19.31 AM.png

Hi @chris_chau 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

We may need to check some Switch configurations. To check the same please follow the below process and help us with the queries.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Home Knowledge Base guide to find the IP address of the Switch and get CLI access.

How to access the Command Line Interface (CLI) of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi