cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAP SSID does not change after configuration

Tim_P
New Contributor

Hello,

I am reconfiguring a Lennar setup with a ICX7150-C12P and 2 R510 AP's. The system was previously configured, but everything was factory reset. The AP's were upgraded to the latest and greatest software version using the GUI before the factory reset. After the reset, I attempted to configure the system by logging into the Configure.Me-XXXXXX SSID. The system allows me to log in and configure the AP, but when I finish the configuration and the screen tells me to log into the new SSID, I click finish, but the SSID never changes to the new one. I am unable to log into the AP via IP or the unleashed.ruckuswireless.com url. The landing page does show, but on the IP landing page the page goes no where after entering credentials. The URL will go to a page unresponsive message. I have tried bot AP's, with mesh, without mesh, simple setup, and advanced configuration. All have the same result. The ICX was upgraded to SPS08095kufi in hopes that updating the ICX would fix the issue. No luck. I did enable the web GUI for the ICX, so I can pull logs from there if they are needed.

3 REPLIES 3

Sgatjens

Hi @Tim_P 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Could you please explain to me in detail the steps you took when you did the factory reset?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from the Router to a laptop/PC).

4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Could you please check the link below and confirm that the setup you have is the correct one?

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

Tim_P
New Contributor

Sofia,

Thank you for the reply. My apologies for the delayed response from me. The link you provided for the common setup in a Lennar home gives a page not found error. However, this is a common setup. I am working on this system for a neighbor, and the system is exactly the same as mine and other neighbors. Please see below for my answers to your initial questions:

1. Could you please explain to me in detail the steps you took when you did the factory reset?

For the R510 AP's I inserted a straightened paper clip in the hole and pressed for 15 seconds the first time then 30 seconds the second time

For the ICX 7150 I removed power from the switch.
Pressed and held the reset button while applying power to the switch.
Released the reset button after all of the system LEDs flashed amber.

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

The light on the switch are all green. In the status box the STAT light is green. Outside of the ststus box the SYST and PWR lights are Green. Ports 1 & 2 have green link lights.

The lights on the AP are green for the PWR and CTL. PWR is solid and CTL are flashing.

3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from the Router to a laptop/PC).

Yes the connection from the ISP is good. I am currently setting these up at a different location than where the ISP connection is (I am helping my neighbor, and setting up the system at my house that also has the exact same system). Is the ISP connection a requirement to set up the system? If I connect the switch and AP's to my ISP connection my Ruckus system automatically picks up and adds the AP's to my system. There is a green link light on the port (C1)  when the ISP connection is plugged in.

4. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

There are two R510 AP's connected to the switch.ruckus.jpg

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind Regards,

Tim Pettinari

Hi @Tim_P 

Greetings!!!
Thank you for the response and the detailed information.

As per the picture you shared, the Switch seems in a normal state.

Please follow the below process to factory reset your APs to configure them with a new SSID.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To perform a factory reset correctly on one of the access points, you must disconnect the rest of your other access points from the "ICX-7150-switch". For example, if you have 3 access points, you should go to the switch and disconnect 2 of the cables to turn off the "2 access points" and only leave 1 connected with which we are going to work the factory reset once you configure the access point and make sure all is good, go ahead and reconnect the other Access Points back.

As you have 2 R510 Access Points in your setup, remove the cables of any ONE Access Point, and perform the factory reset only on the ONE connected access point. Once you complete it, connect the unplugged Access point cables back to the Switch ports and it will sync up with the configurations from the factory reset Access Point. 

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Password recovery setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnG8fupaLk

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.