cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating our Ruckus system in a Lennar home

kaz
New Contributor

We've been having inconsistent or slow Wi-Fi in certain rooms (they're at the corners of the house, so not surprising). After troubleshooting, I've decided that adding a Ruckus access point may be a reasonable solution. But in trying that, I've encountered some hurdles and am hoping someone in the community or Ruckus could offer advice.

1. Lennar didn't leave us with Ruckus login info when we bought the new home, so I don't know how to get into the system to check or modify things. What app/website should I use to get in?
  2. Our house has a 7150 switch in the electric box, and what seem to be two R510 access points. I bought an R650 today and connected it to a port in a room that is connected to the 7150, but the R650 doesn't light up. Even if I connect the R650 to one of the ports on the 7150 that was used to go into an R510, it gets powered on but doesn't provide Wi-Fi.

Thanks!

Kaz

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @kaz 

Is missing this one , Please include all command or output  to review it 

Show inline power 

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez

Hi @kaz 

I saw the commands I checked and Power is disable on port 7 to 12 so lets run the following commands to enable this.

ICX7150-48ZP Router>enable
ICX7150-48ZP Router#configure terminal
Warning: 1 user(s) already in config mode.
ICX7150-48ZP Router(config)#interface ethernet 1/1/7 to 1/1/12
ICX7150-48ZP Router(config-mif-1/1/7-1/1/12)#inline power

that should enable the Power on the rest of the ports  let us know the result ! 

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez