cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update WAP settings to turn on Multicast and broadcast traffic to be passed normally

rinconn69
New Contributor

I am in need to update the Ruckus WAPs settings and turn on multicast, can someone provide guidance on how to connect to the Ruckus WAPs wirelessly and update these settings? 

3 REPLIES 3

Yarenis

Hi @rinconn69 

The Access Points have already Multicast and Broadcast enabled, however we convert that traffic type into unicast, and some devices prefer the original traffic type, however must be configured via CLI(command line interface), using any external application such a Putty or Mobaxterm, lo let me add the commands and the steps.

Note: Please read the guides carefully before start the troubleshooting.

1:Find the IP address of the Master Access Point, this cam be found in the APP, Unleashed Dashboard, or you can use the next guide to discover your network device's IP address.

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2:Now you know the IP address, you need to gain remote access to the Master Access Point using any of the next two Application: Putty or Mobaxterm, you can follow up the next guide:

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-12P' or 'access points' "Network devices"

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

3:You will be requested for credentials which must be the same you used in the Unleashed APP or Dashboard, if you don't know the credential test the next combination:

Username:                      Passwords:

admin                             sp-admin

Lennar

lennar

ruckus

Ruckus!

Ruckus1

admin

password

4:once you gain access, you need to run the next set of commands to disabled Directed Multicast/Broadcast.

Command

Explanation

no qos directed-multicast

This prevents the WLAN from converting multicast traffic to unicast

qos directed-threshold 0

This disables BOTH directed broadcast and directed multicast on the SSID.

If there is only a single client, it will receive broadcast traffic as broadcast and multicast traffic as multicast.

ruckus> en

ruckus# config

ruckus(config-wlan)# no qos directed-multicast

ruckus(config-wlan)# qos directed-threshold 0

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

Thanks so much for the quick response! Let me try those steps and will let you know, appreciate it! 

Hi @rinconn69 

Great.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired