cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed R510 won't update

larry_speth
New Contributor III

I have a Lennar smart home with a ICS 7150-c12 switch and a R510 access point. My access point is at firmware 200.5.10.0.235 and I tried to update it using the instructions in videos. I tried the iPhone Unleashed app and a couple of browser methods on a wireless laptop. In the app case I get an error "Failed to fetch versions." and in the browser cases the updated versions field never populates. I'm pretty sure the firmware is old and I'd like to update it.

Larry

13 REPLIES 13

So I did this and rebooted the R510 but it appears that it now is under a different IP address and is now is in the setup mode. Do I now need to reinstall it? Can I reapply the backup configuration file I saved?

@matt_klouda 

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe Jr.
==
Knowledge Management Program Director
for RUCKUS Customer Services & Support

I went ahead and just went thru the install again. Seems to be working and is at the newer firmware level.

Thanks a lot for your prompt support!!

jeff_hollis
New Contributor

I too have a Lennar smart home but I have a loss of POE on both of my routers.  Did this happen to you as well?

Jeff, if you lost PoE it's most likely due to a power hit on your ICX-7150. The 'inline power' configuration was lost on the interface. Sadly, it's quite common as the configuration wasn't saved after install.

Do you have means to connect to the ICX via either telnet, SSH or a USB-C to USB cable? The USB cable would be connected to your laptop then the ICX.