I have a Ruckus switch and AP in the new build with Lennar. I also run a Nest mesh network. My Ruckus network shows available but connected devices have no internet service and two yellow light show on the AP. If I log into the Unleashed app, the lights on the AP are green and internet service is available. Once I log off the app, the lights go yellow again with no service. This happened out of the blue. My mesh network runs well with no concerns. I have had this set up for 2 years and this just occurred a few weeks ago. I searched the forum for this issue with no luck so apologies if this is a duplicate issue. I am also not very tech savvy. Thank you in advance.
1. Was there any Power outage just before you started facing this issue?
2. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC)
Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.
Thank you for the response. It appears that there is service running to the AP, the lights were yellow because there were no clients/devices connected to the network. The network is incredibly slow even with up to 1000Mbs of download speed and most sites. I did an AP reboot through the unleashed app and everything is now restarting. Thank you
Thank you for the detailed information you shared,
If your internet connection is stable from the ISP (Internet Service Provider) and there is a unstable internet from the Switch,
This may happen when the Switch runs on the Routing code. The Switch should run on the Switching code to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. If the Switch boots up on the other partition (Due to a power outage/power spike may be) which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.
You can take Console access to the switch in order to verify, if the switch is able to connect properly to Access Points or if it has a ‘Routing Code’ issue which happens due to power outages/ power spikes most of the time, this is a known issue for Lennar home users.
An identifier of this problem is that it comes out as Switch-Router in the unleashed dashboard.
There we are going to see 2 important things the
-MAC address: Physical address of the device this never changes
- An IP address is a unique address (logical) that identifies a device on the internet or a local network like your home (this can change and may not be the same as the one shown on the dashboard)
There are multiple ways to fix this issue as described in below steps:
Please follow the below steps:
1. To fix this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P
I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily.
How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:
ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command) ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)
There are Two ways:
I) How to Fix Routing code issues on Lennar Home users via CLI
4. If access via IP address is not possible here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard or Console cable Rj45 to USB.