cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset master AP

nitech
New Contributor

I have same issue as many others - tried so many times to reset by inserting a paperclip by holding for 20 seconds etc - but it doesnt get reset. it still shows me "Lennar-xxxxx" instead, I am expecting it to show "configure.me-xxxxx" - please help.

just fyi - I have primary WAP installed inside a QnQ panel in closet - I am resetting from here. do I need to reset the ones installed on ceiling?

23 REPLIES 23

Jayavidhya

Hi @nitech 

Greetings of the day,

Thanks for the detailed description of the issue.

To solve this issue we need to check whether all the devices are connected properly as mentioned in the below image.

Vsquez_Fer_4-1666361087702.png

Also please share the image of the access points using the below guide.

R510 LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498...

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hi Jayavidhya, here is the link to google drive with couple of photos and a video - they are not super clear - but I am assure you that the diagram you provided - is what I have as setup.

I believe the issue is reseting the device.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DFIZcNL1XYmhEm49ZtL0LedET1b6brBw?usp=sharing

google drive 

processed (10).jpegprocessed (11).jpeg

Hi @nitech 

Based on the images you have shared it seems like the cable coming from the AP/ ISP router has been wrongly connected to the switch.

So please connect the cable to one of the 12 ports of the switch as mentioned below.

Yarenis_1-1668473902758.png

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

thank you so much Jayavidhya, that worked finally.

couple of more questions:

1. I have 2 ruckus boxes (excluding one installed in my closet QnQ panel) - I had reset 1 of them and now its connected to wifi. but the other ruckus box is not connected (I believe) as it has same yellow lights like previous screenshot.

I am attaching screenshot of the QnQ panel and the problematic ruckus.

what I am trying to achieve: the current working ruckus box will give wifi to back side of my house and the front (currently not working) one will give wifi to front side of my house.

please help.

2. in spectrum wifi, I used to get "Wi-Fi 6" icon but now with ruckus, I get general wifi (wifi icon). anything you can help me to get the Wi-Fi 6? as its better.

ruckus box.jpegQnQ.jpeg