cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Ruckus 7150 is not powering on

Thaddeusnboyd
New Contributor

The Ruckus 7150 is not powering on, This happened late this afternoon with no warning. It affects the 4 switches in my home. Request assistance and replacement. Ruckus Networks Support Case 01475774

11 REPLIES 11

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Thaddeusnboyd 

Thank you for reaching out to us 

From case 01475774 I see that you are from Lennar Homes . Support for Lennar is through portal and Chat only. 

I see that you have mentioned four switches ? Could you help us with the switch model that is faulty ? 

Was there a power outage that occurred ? 

Could you please help us with the picture of front panel of the switch for all four switches ? 

Chandini_0-1684141869209.png

May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Chandini_1-1684141869219.png

Also please run through the below link and check if you have access to ICX switch using console (Upload this picture as well to the portal )

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Please upload the pictures using the below option in the portal. 

Chandini_2-1684141869222.png

Thanks 

Good day,

I know about how to console into Ruckus 7150, it is not powering on at all. the 4 aces saints the 7150 is connected to is not showing connectivity lights also because Ruckus 7150 is not powering on. There was no power outage at all when this happened. It needs to be replaced. 
When i try to upload image it states :

You do not have permission to upload images.

20230515_064620.jpg20230515_065713.jpg

Hi @Thaddeusnboyd 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

From the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not powering up.

Could you please try to check by replacing another Power cord with the Switch? In case the current power cord had damaged. 

Also, please try to reset the Switch as described below:

1. Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnect.

2. Please try to press the reset button using a paper click or a small stick 

• Remove power from the switch.
  • Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  • After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.

Below is the Guide and Videos link for your reference:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-D3B5DB74-53A7-4F8D-82F9-6EB600879EE...

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

IF RESET IS NOT WORKING, PLEASE TRY TO RESET YOUR SWITCH MULTIPLE TIMES AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.