cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swith and access point doesn't work

yuwenchen
New Contributor

I found this post that has the same issue. I followed the step by step guidance. https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Power-Outage-caused-issue-wi...

First the syst light is yellow and PWR light is green (rest of the light are off) and the access point is not power up.

I try to reset the swith by turn off the power, use a pin to press the reset button, and turn the power back on. Now all the lights are flashing yellow except the PWR is green. The first time I wait about 10 minutes, and the flashing is never stop. I turn off the power and turn back on, back to the first step syst light is yellow and PWR light is green. I tried again to reset the swith, now the lights are flashing about half hour and never stop.

What else I can do? Can you replace the switch for free?IMG_2016.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Hello Imran,

I just want to follow up with you regarding the step that I was blocked. Could you please help or send me the new device?

Hi @yuwenchen 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please configure it with 10.0.0.2 for IPv4 in place and check TFTP? If it doesn’t show, please perform the ‘ipconfig’ in the command prompt and select the IP Address of the output.

Please connect the CLI using Putty and perform the process as explained in the guide.

Please let me know if you are stuck and if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your response and the information.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi @yuwenchen 

Please follow the steps shared in my previous post and let me know if you have any queries.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hello Imran,

The laptop is connect to the Switch, but I don't have the Ports (COM & LPT) from my device manager. Could you send a new switch to me and I send the old one back to you? It is taking too long, and there are a lot of blocks. I really need it up and running. 

Thank you 

Yu Chen

IMG_2050.jpg

Hi @yuwenchen 

Greetings!!!
Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please share a picture showing the software recovery cable connections between the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P and the Laptop?

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi