cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch issues - stops working and WIFI goes down

FL2CO
New Contributor

My WIFI has been going out daily and I'm not sure of the cause. There are no issues with the modem (it has it's own SSID that I can use when Ruckus goes down and that works without issue) and I have power flowing to the APs and the APs are broadcasting a signal, there is just nothing behind it. The only way I can restore functionality is to jump the port that I connect to for uplink. When I switch ports it will work anywhere from 4-16 hours, then go down again. For 3 years the system was stable then about 4 weeks ago I had the same issue and did a factory reset of the APs and they eventually came back to life. Last week the issue started again and I'm not sure what the issue may be.

I have replaced the router that feeds the switch but the issues keep happening. The only solution is to move the input port every time the system goes down. It will them work for a few hours and go down again. This is an unmanageable situation and I believe the switch may need to be replaced. I chatted with support and they said to wait here for a response from someone. Until then, I will keep jumping ports and hoping for the best!

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @FL2CO 

Greetings!!!

Please let us know if the issue is now resolved or if you need any further assistance in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.