cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow wifi

ashleedif
New Contributor

To preface, I do not speak technology. But I spent over 10 hours yesterday trying to fix this issue on my own by reading this forum and other Ruckus documents.

The past two weeks or so, my internet has been extremely slow (webpages very slow to load or not loading at all, Hulu will not stream, etc.). I have checked with my internet provider (Spectrum) and confirmed that their equipment is working properly.

I have three APs throughout the house and 1 switch (Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P). All of the cables to the switch show a green light. For most of the day yesterday, the power lights to all APs were green, and the CTL was off completely. This morning, the CTL light for the master AP and 1 other AP is yellow, but for the third AP it is off.

My unleashed dashboard shows that the switch is disconnected. I spent most of yesterday following instructions to reconnect it, but am unable to do because I cannot find the switch IP--and, I already tried locating the current switch IP using these instructions: How to find the IP Address of the RUCKUS Devices (Switch and APs) using IP Scanner free applications...

Can anyone please help?

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @ashleedif 

Please try to downloading the PuTTY using the below drive link and see if that works.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DdepOpf6i1csg9lC8BSt6OVGiBqwHJxe

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

It took me through a different process with that one. Now when I push start and open Putty, I see this:

ashleedif_0-1722878877666.png

Can you please tell me what to do next?

Hi @ashleedif 

Thank you for your response.

You need to download the Switch drivers and select COM port details from Device Manager. Please refer to the Console article for a detailed, step-by-step guide on obtaining Console access. 

If you encounter any difficulties or have any questions about the process, do not hesitate to reach out for assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,  
Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Respectfully, that Console article is far from a detailed step-by-step guide. I downloaded both Putty and the Windows Drivers (including by extracting all files). Now, I have linked my computer and the Switch using a USB type A to type C port. My Device Manager does not show any details for the connection. Instead, this is what it shows while my computer and Switch are connected (it looks the same when they are not connected):

ashleedif_0-1722883380278.png

Here is what MobaXterm looks like while my computer and Switch are connected by cables (it looks the same when they're not connected):

ashleedif_1-1722883561488.pngashleedif_2-1722883592265.png

And this is what Putty looks like while my computer and Switch are connected by cables (it looks the same when they're not connected):

ashleedif_3-1722883683238.png

ashleedif_4-1722883712754.png

Could you please give very detailed instructions of what to do next?

Hi @ashleedif 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please disconnect the USB Type-C cable, then reconnect it to the laptop? After doing so, check if the Ports (COM & LPT) section appears in the Device Manager, as shown in the screenshot below.

Please make sure to download the zip drive for the file below & "extract all". Once it's extracted, run the file,  driver should be installed.

Link 1:https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/1414-brocade-ruckus-7150-usb-serial-driver-windows

Link 2: silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers?tab=downloads

If the issue persists, please unplug the USB-C cable and connect the Ethernet cable to the alternate console cable port. Then, check if the COM port details appear in the Device Manager. Please refer to the provided screenshots.

Please let me know if these steps resolve the issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community