cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strong Signal to access points- weak internet strength

mrfoy89
New Contributor

Hi All,

I have been trying to reach some type of support for some time now, however that has not been working. Hoping someone can help.

I have a Lennar home with multiple access point and a Ruckus 7150 Switch. When I moved in, I had a rented modem/router combo. I tried to switch to my own modem/router combo and instantly ran into connection issues so I went back to the mediacom router/modem combo. 

I remember I logged into the Ruckus portal of some sorts awhile back, but dont remember why. 

Now, I have strong signal from each of the access points but they either dont have internet or it is limited. I tried to find the IP for the switch and even downloaded the IP program. The program was unable to find the IP for the switch. I have restarted the switch. 

I am concerned the cables are not connected correctly and I am also concerned there may be an issue with the management side of the switch. This is way out of my comfort zone. If there is a service that comes out to fix this stuff, I would happily take it. If not, is there someone in this group that can help me please? Im reading forum after forum and my issues dont seem to line up. 

Thank you,

Matt

1 REPLY 1

Imran_ruckus

Hi @mrfoy89

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

Apologies for the delayed response.

As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working and you need assistance in setting up the same.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same showing the light status and the cable connections to the Switch)

Imran_ruckus_0-1685491907810.jpeg

2. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC).

3. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Imran_ruckus_1-1685491907832.pngPlease help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Imran_ruckus_2-1685491907842.png

Imran_ruckus_3-1685491907847.pngPlease note that, if your ISP modem is directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it doesn’t work only with Modem. The connection must be from a Router or Modem-Router combo device. Could you please confirm this once?

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Imran_ruckus_4-1685491907850.png

Imran_ruckus_5-1685491907859.png

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.