cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos Sub Gen3 pairing issues with Arc and Ruckus Unleased

Awp23
New Contributor

Hello,

I have been reading a few articles about some of the default settings that Ruckus APs utilize and have been experiencing what appears to be a common problem for those with a similar setup to me where my Sonos Sub won't pair properly with the Arc (I get the Arc +? issue).  I proceeded to login to my master AP with Putty and change some config settings (disabled directed multicast, enabled spanning tree protocol).  I also went onto my router (tp-link wired) and enabled UPnP and IGNP Proxy, but I still get the same issue where my Sub won't stay paired with my Arc.  

Am I missing something? Should I reboot my router and my APs and try again?  My sub pairs with the Arc now (which normally it wouldn't even pair on first attempt) but it won't stay paired.  I saw another post where someone with other APs needed to also disable mcast on the ports for the specific AP model, but I tried that and CLI wouldn't let me change port settings for the R510.  Any other ideas or tips (wired ethernet is not an option)?

Thanks!

Anthony

16 REPLIES 16

Yarenis

Hi @Awp23 

The Access Points have already Multicast and Broadcast enabled, this is why the other Sonos device can see each other, now there is another configuration for multicast that you can run, however must be configured via CLI(command line interface), using any external application such a Putty or Mobaxterm, lo let me add the command,once you gain access, you need to run the next set of commands to disabled Directed Multicast/Broadcast.

Command

Explanation

no qos directed-multicast

This prevents the WLAN from converting multicast traffic to unicast

qos directed-threshold 0

This disables BOTH directed broadcast and directed multicast on the SSID.

If there is only a single client, it will receive broadcast traffic as broadcast and multicast traffic as multicast.

ruckus> en

ruckus# config

ruckus(config-wlan)# no qos directed-multicast

ruckus(config-wlan)# qos directed-threshold 0

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

Awp23
New Contributor

Thank you for the quick response, I have performed these two commands and it still did not solve the problem.  I even enabled STP and UPnP on my router.

However, one other bit of information that I left out, both of these access points are connected to an ICX7150-C12 poe switch.  I have not done anything on my switch yet, should I be performing any more commands on unleashed CLI to account for directed multicast from the APs to the switch?  Do I need to login to my switch and change settings using a different CLI console?

Thank you for your help and advice!

Hi @Awp23 

If you have enabled the recommended configuration for unleashed to work with Sonos, there are no other necessary changes to make on our end, however I will recommend you contact Sonos support, who can pull the logs, to make sure if there are any issues related to multicast, the ICX7150 switch will simply pass the traffic coming from the access points to your ISP router.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

Awp23
New Contributor

Hi @Yarenis,

Thank you for clarifying.  I saw some other forum posts that also referenced changing port configurations on the Access point, for example:

ap-group System Default

model MODEL NAME port-setting

no lan 1 qos directed-mcast

no lan 2 qos directed-mcast

However, Unleashed CLI does not allow me to configure port settings of my R510 model, so I am guessing this is not necessary for the R510.