cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Internet. Possible change from Switch to Router. Read posts, still need help.

Ollie
New Contributor

I bought my house back in 2021 and it came with the Ruckus ICX 7150 C08P switch. I have Xfinity internet and when they set it up initially it has worked well. I had my router connected to the switch and I used my wifi access that I created from my router. The past week or week and half our internet has been very weak and unstable so I decided to look into our setup and I noticed that the ruckus switch was also having a wifi access point showing up along with my normal router wifi access points. I have also noticed that when I connect to the Ruckus wifi, the speed is by far faster compared to the speeds on my normal router wifi. I've done reading on these forums and it almost sounds like the issue of my Ruckus switching from a Switch mode to Router mode. I've followed the steps but I cannot get past the terminal login part and accessing my switch. Please help me out if you can. 

7 REPLIES 7

Ollie
New Contributor

I was actually able to finally access the terminal and it shows im in the primary mode. So now I'm a little confused

Ollie
New Contributor

Screen Shot 2024-07-13 at 12.09.56 PM.png

Ollie
New Contributor

So now I guess the question is, should I even be using the ruckus wifi or should I continue using my wifi from my actual router attached to the ruckus? The main thing Ive noticed with the wifi through ruckus is that, it may be faster but it appears to be less stable.

Hello @Ollie 

Greetings!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

I hope this message finds you well.

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding issues with intermittent Internet connectivity with your RUCKUS setup. 

To assist you further, could you please provide the following details:

1. When your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is plugged into the outlet, do you observe any illuminated lights (amber or green)? Kindly specify which lights are lit. For clarity, please refer to the attached image and share a photograph displaying the status of the lights and a comprehensive view of the cable connections to the Switch ports.

2. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? 

Please upload the photos of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch displaying the light status and cable connections by logging into your RUCKUS account. This will aid us in diagnosing the issue accurately.

Please respond with answers to all the above queries and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions regarding this matter.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community