cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Download Speeds R710 Unleashed

max_p_eogltxsc8
New Contributor
Strange issue with R710 on latest unleashed firmware. Upload speeds consistently incredible on both laptop and phone but downloads even from 5 ft away never go over 200 but stay consistent through 3 thick walls. Speedflex on android shows 550 up 550 down to AP. Iperf reflects speedtest.net results. Cable shouldn't be the problem as I have plugged my laptop on it and gotten the gigabit fiber speeds I should be getting. I have factory reset it countless times set everything to auto and tried manually setting the bands and channel width, am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.Image_ images_messages_5f91c3fe135b77e24790df97_43e5db9b2eca36b81d35b46dbdb8f876_RackMultipart20190818868831y92-dc568500-96c2-4610-9714-84fb1bdd684c-743324385.jpg1566155318
379 REPLIES 379

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Downlink and uplink throughput both look better on R730, much closer to some competing 8x8 APs.

New ChannelFly is a huge improvement, it isn't very hoppy and settles down within just a few minutes. It's been 12+ hours since the last hop.

The release notes mention this, but the new ChannelFly seems much better at not defaulting to overlapping channels. The old ChannelFly would frequently have all of my APs settle on a quiet channel and then when one AP transmits, all the others hop away.

Overall we might have a SZ release worthy of replacing 3.6.2 as the golden stable one!

john_d
Valued Contributor II
On the bad news side for the R730, though, it seems like DL-OFDMA might be enabled though I couldn’t convince the R730 to use it on my iPhone 11 Pro (unlike with another Hawkeye v2 AP from another vendor)

But in the beacon I don’t see MU-MIMO, MU beamforming, 802.11ac SU beamforming is only one way (beamformer capable, not beamformee cable). TWT is also one directional.

So it seems like only half of the 802.11ac wave 2 features are enabled. It would be great to see some Ruckus guidance on supported features, the helpful table on the vSZ 5.2.0 release notes disappeared from the 5.2.1 release notes.

charles_taylor_
New Contributor
Thanks for addressing this issue! My faith in Ruckus is restored.

Now, please NEVER do something like this again....

stephen_hall_60
Contributor
hey guys, check out my r720 post from TWO YEARS ago,  with this exact same issue (standalone and unleashed FWs at the time).   Also i spoke with ruckus support direcly about this issue (phone) and he filed a case at the time,  and i never heard anything further about it.   Very disappointing
ruckus:

https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/r720-ios-performance-horrible-if-wpa2-encryp...

As of this week, we have replaced all Ruckus AP's with a much less expensive competitor and ALL our connectivity problems went away!!!  Problem solved.  We have now switched over every single customer we have as well as our own locations. NEVER RUCKUS AGAIN.  Especially if you have any APPLE clients.
Good luck to all of you.  You're going to need it!