cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Download Speeds R710 Unleashed

max_p_eogltxsc8
New Contributor
Strange issue with R710 on latest unleashed firmware. Upload speeds consistently incredible on both laptop and phone but downloads even from 5 ft away never go over 200 but stay consistent through 3 thick walls. Speedflex on android shows 550 up 550 down to AP. Iperf reflects speedtest.net results. Cable shouldn't be the problem as I have plugged my laptop on it and gotten the gigabit fiber speeds I should be getting. I have factory reset it countless times set everything to auto and tried manually setting the bands and channel width, am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.Image_ images_messages_5f91c3fe135b77e24790df97_43e5db9b2eca36b81d35b46dbdb8f876_RackMultipart20190818868831y92-dc568500-96c2-4610-9714-84fb1bdd684c-743324385.jpg1566155318
379 REPLIES 379

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
And our Engineering team is able to reproduce the issue(s) in their testing and are measuring different variables.
Feedback with results from all of your clients (mostly iOS) and encryption have been received.  We definitely do care
about performance of the Unleashed code, thru all APs, not just R710s.  I wish I had further information to share at
this time, but need to let you know this is an escalation in our system.

ryanhayes
New Contributor III
I would like to say that though the focus is on iOS devices, the problem persists on Android as well. I've been through many calls with Ruckus and have been unable to fix my R510's. With 200.8, I am now experiencing frequent drops of my 5ghz channel forcing my devices to switch to 2.4. Even when the channel comes back online (I can see the light on the AP), my devices won't switch back without a restart. This happens on my Android phone, Apple Phone, Apple TV and Amazon Fire devices. 

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Hey Ryan, this sounds like a very different problem and it would be good to create another thread. If the AP is dropping the 5GHZ channel altogether, that is either a "target fail" event (sort of like a firmware crash), channel change, DFS event, or something along those lines. That's quite different from the discussion in this thread, where on both bands, the radio is up and stable but the observed throughput is much worse in the AP->client direction than the client->AP direction.

rfkt_4j4qyrzij3
New Contributor
Any updates on this? 

taylor_wall
New Contributor III
Update: tried the latest unleashed firmware from earlier this year. The tenants demanded I purchase a new access point due to the latency and slow sleeds. Tested with iPerf running on my laptop and phone. Download speeds around 215mbps. Phone can get 400mbps normally with the ISP router/ap we used to have.