cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Download Speeds R710 Unleashed

max_p_eogltxsc8
New Contributor
Strange issue with R710 on latest unleashed firmware. Upload speeds consistently incredible on both laptop and phone but downloads even from 5 ft away never go over 200 but stay consistent through 3 thick walls. Speedflex on android shows 550 up 550 down to AP. Iperf reflects speedtest.net results. Cable shouldn't be the problem as I have plugged my laptop on it and gotten the gigabit fiber speeds I should be getting. I have factory reset it countless times set everything to auto and tried manually setting the bands and channel width, am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.Image_ images_messages_5f91c3fe135b77e24790df97_43e5db9b2eca36b81d35b46dbdb8f876_RackMultipart20190818868831y92-dc568500-96c2-4610-9714-84fb1bdd684c-743324385.jpg1566155318
379 REPLIES 379

Couldn’t agree more. I have the exact same issue with my unleashed AP’s. Pathetic download speeds.

Any update Ruckus people?!  How pathetic that our 15 year old Apple wireless routers run circles around my R710 and R720 Unleashed AP's.  Really?!!!  With more people depending on wireless now, Ruckus Unleashed is not up to the task as downloads speeds remain an issue.  I've steered everyone here away from using Ruckus, just buy a $19.95 AP on Amazon if you want fast wireless...

Hi Michiel,
   What kind of client(s) are you using, and do you see an issue on all of them, or only one manufacturer?  Do you have latest drivers from that manufacturer and any tweaks that manufacturer has posted about their phones/books? 

It doesn't appear to affect all devices/operating systems... is what our DE/QA are finding.

We have mainly Ample products and we see the same issue at all devices.  Using "SpeedFlex", I tried TCP and UDP with very similar results; about 50 Mb downlink speed and about 700 Uplink.  Same results for R710 and R720 unleashed.   200.8.10.3.243 firmware.
This has been an ongoing issue yet Ruckus is not able / does not care about fixing it. We are switching all our customers away from Ruckus as this download speed is unacceptable.  As I said, we deployed 15 year old Apple AP's that are running circles around the Ruckus AP's!!!!

Michael - if this was purely a client issue, why would the download speed problem disappear when I set up an Unleashed WLAN with no password?  Also, our other APs/wireless routers don't seem to have any issue with these same devices.  When I turn on the wireless function of the modem/router I got for free with my gigabit fiber service, it delivers 6x-8x the download speeds I get from the password-protected Unleashed APs.