cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Download Speeds R710 Unleashed

max_p_eogltxsc8
New Contributor
Strange issue with R710 on latest unleashed firmware. Upload speeds consistently incredible on both laptop and phone but downloads even from 5 ft away never go over 200 but stay consistent through 3 thick walls. Speedflex on android shows 550 up 550 down to AP. Iperf reflects speedtest.net results. Cable shouldn't be the problem as I have plugged my laptop on it and gotten the gigabit fiber speeds I should be getting. I have factory reset it countless times set everything to auto and tried manually setting the bands and channel width, am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.Image_ images_messages_5f91c3fe135b77e24790df97_43e5db9b2eca36b81d35b46dbdb8f876_RackMultipart20190818868831y92-dc568500-96c2-4610-9714-84fb1bdd684c-743324385.jpg1566155318
379 REPLIES 379

No, I have a Microtik router acting as the gateway, and it assigns all the IP addresses.

(I am using the passthrough ethernet for a powerline ethernet data connection to a box plugged in on the other side of the house, but that device is also getting an IP address from the Microtik router, and even if I unplug it the issue persists.)

R720 is powered by a wall plug so it shouldn't be crippled with one radio either.

Taylor Wall,

Which Mikrotik router do you have? Also I’m assuming  that you tested your wired speeds already with the mikrotik. It’s more likely that it’s the same bug in unleashed, but i had to ask the other questions just to rule out other stuff.

hans_hummer
New Contributor III
I examined the Downloadspeed problem today.
Ruckus R710 with Ipad Air2.
Firmware 200.7xxx

With WPA2 encryption the speed problem is present.
With Radius authentication, the speed problem is also present.
Without Wlan encryption the speed problem is not present.
An open wlan is not a solution, here in Germany that is a problem.

On version 200.4xx or 200.5xx back is no solution for me.
I hope that problem is resolved quickly.

Greetings Mike

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Do you have other than Apple clients, and are you able to evaluate results at the same time?  Are they similar, or only Apple client slower?
Can you do same testing (two client types) on any other model of AP than R710?  It would be helpful to see both client results on two model APs, if possible, on WPA-PSK, AAA, and Open WLANs.

Michael Brando,  could this bug be related ER-5956 bug from 2 years ago..which also deals with encryption.  It’s a 2 year discussion forum started out by Kari and you are the one who replied about the bug number.