cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWITCH 7150 does not power

Patty
New Contributor

After losing power, my ceiling WAPs stopped receiving power from the POE cable.

The internet is still feeding to the WAP units. I tested this by plugging the POE cable directly into my computer and the Internet works great. I have also tested the WAPs by plugging them in directly to a power source and they come back online and work great.

How do I get my switch unit to start pushing power to the WAP units again via the POE cable?

35 REPLIES 35

Hello Patty,

Good morning, I hope you are doing fine, my name is David, support manager.

I apologize for the confusion with the replies in this post, we may have not explaining the processes correctly and the reason we had to do all the steps, just to explain for the sake of information: The POE errors can happen do to a bug found in the old 8.0.60 and 8.0.80 codes, this causes the switch to stop providing power to the RUCKUS wireless access points, in order to fix this, is required to upgrade the switch software version up to 8095 code, so the POE problem does not happen and we can prevent it to come back in the future.

We failed to explain that in order to get to this version, we have to follow an "upgrade path" since the last code is a different build entirely, so the path is 8060 > 8080> 8095.  This is the reason Jayavidhya came back to you and asked to upgrade again.

We understand you have tried different steps and have spent a lot of time trying to fix this, so we will proceed with the replacement of the switch and send one with the correct firmware installed, please follow the instructions we will share in the case we have to continue with the RMA process.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I am at your service.

Best regards,

David Chavarria

Technical Support Manager

DavidCh_0-1694786594044.jpeg

DavidCh_1-1694786594045.jpeg

now meets next

8:00 AM to 5:00 PM MST | Fri & Sat – Off

Support: +1-855-782-5871

Learn how Commscope is shaping the networks of the future

David Chavarria
Technical Support Manager

Patty
New Contributor

Thank you!!!   I will provide my address: Patty Martinez

1216 Tesoro Pl

Vista, CA 92081

Patty
New Contributor

I have provided my contact information for RMA but have not received further instructions

Hi @Patty 

To proceed with RMA here I attach the link and follow the below steps.

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start unit replacement.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

I have tried to reset the switch endlessly and software recovery has failed.  Can I please get an RMA