cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rukus not helping devices

Dee1982
New Contributor

Hi, 

We have two rukus devices and one of them is only showing three lights lit up and we are getting low signals on our ring devices and our TV tends to freeze and isn’t getting good signal. We set up our devices when we moved in however it seems that the rukus device isn’t working as it should. The three dots that are lit up on the device in question are 5G, 2.4G, and power. Air and CTR are not lit up or flashing green. Any help would be much appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5

david_chavarri1

Hi @Dee1982 

Basically, for Lennar home users the 'AIR' light may be off as the access points  ( white box on the ceiling ) are wired (connected via ethernet cable through a switch that powers on and provides connectivity (ICX 7150-c12p).

And the CTL/DIR light may light on one of the wireless access points ( white box on the ceiling ) , which indicates that it is the ‘main controller of the wireless network’, so it is normal to see that the rest of the access points have no lights on CTL/ DIR.

IMG_0872__11476.jpg

I will include the LED light guide:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498F...

Best regards 

Thank you. Any idea why we are getting inconsistent internet then with some of our devices?

Hi @Dee1982

Well, the first will be to check what type of signal those devices are receiving, for example, by default each SSID / Wi-Fi, will emit both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz signals, you can check what type of signal your devices are receiving from the Unleashed dashboard: 

unleashed.ruckuswireless.com

Click Clients>Move the bar to the left to find the radio band field (here you can confirm if you are connected to the 2.4GHzor 5GHz signal) and if your devices are connected to the 2.4GHz signal this can be improved by following the guide below:

How to improve your 2.4 GHz signal

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-improve-your-2-4-GHz-...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

RICXI|RCNA|CCNA

Thanks David, I can't seem to log into the unleashed.ruckuswireless.com with the login that was given to me when I set up the device. It was a standard one that came with the home. Any way around this since I can't change my password