I currently have the Ruckus whole home wifi set up with 3 APs that was installed with my Lennar home. It just recently has started rebooting every 5 to 10 minutes and I cannot seem to figure out why. I have done multiple power cycles for the Ruckus system as well as the whole Internet connection and it has been to no avail. I am able to access the internet through the wifi once the system reboots, but obviously not once it shuts off.
I have confirmed that my internet connection from the internet provider (Comcast) has remained constant and I am able to continuously connect to the internet through the modem directly.
Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.
Hope you are doing well!!!
Thank you for the information you shared.
As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working, and it keeps on rebooting.
Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?
1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?
2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)
3. Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)
Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.
Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.
Please let us know the answers to ALL the above queries or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.
Hi Imran, 1) It was working before and the system was originally installed in 2019. There was no power outage prior to this issue 2) PWR is green, SYST is amber, all other lights are off. This changes once the system reboots though. 3) There are no lights on the APs. This also changes after the system reboot though.
Thank you for the detailed information you shared.
As you mentioned and we can see from the picture you shared, there is an amber/orange light on the "SYST" and a green light on the "PWR" on the Switch (as it is in the below picture). Meaning the Switch is stuck in the boot mode.
Basically, due to the power outage/ power spike, the switch went to a state that we call ‘boot mode’ that is not able to boot up properly.
Please follow the below steps to fix this issue:
First, we will try to reset the Switch as described below:
1. Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnect.
2. Please try to press the reset button using a paper click or a small stick
Remove power from the switch.
Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.
Below is the Guide and Videos link for your reference:
IF RESET IS NOT WORKING, PLEASE TRY TO RESET YOUR SWITCH MULTIPLE TIMES (Like 10-15 times) AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF RESET DOESN’T WORK: Please follow the below steps.
If the reset does not make any difference, we need to perform a software recovery since it can be that the image flash is corrupted in basic words the unit is not able to boot up properly and need re-install the image to boot up properly.
Below is the Guide and Video Link to perform the Software recovery process: