cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus setup

tcarnes08
New Contributor

I had a change of WiFi recently and now am unable to setup my ruckus access points. Can someone please assist as I called customer service and they were unable to help. I have no idea what I’m doing 

12 REPLIES 12

Imran_ruckus

Hi @tcarnes08 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears that you are encountering intermittent internet connectivity. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and are committed to assisting you promptly.

To better assist you, could you please provide the following information:

1. Can you confirm if you see the RUCKUS Wi-Fi network via Access Points and able to connect to it?
2. When your switch is connected to the outlet, do you observe any illuminated lights (amber or green)? Kindly describe which lights are visible. Additionally, please provide a photo showing the status of the lights and the full switch panel with cable connections to the switch ports.

3. Is your internet connection from the ISP stable and functioning? You can verify this by connecting to your local router's Wi-Fi or through an ethernet cable from the router to a laptop/PC.
4. How many access points are currently connected to the switch? Please describe the status of the lights on the access points. Similarly, include a photo showing the access points' light status.

Please log into your RUCKUS Account before uploading these photos/screenshots.

Please help me with the above queries and should you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out. 

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to resolving this matter for you promptly.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

tcarnes08
New Contributor

1. I do not see RUCKUS on WiFi network.

2. All lights are green on RUCKUS but downstairs way is amber

IMG_9389.jpeg

IMG_9386.jpeg

image.jpg

IMG_9388.jpeg

 3. Yes

4. 2 access points I have sent picture above 

Hi @tcarnes08 

Thank you for your response and for the detailed information you provided.

Based on the light status indicators of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the R510 Access Points, everything appears to be functioning normally. However, from the picture you shared, it seems that the Ethernet cable from your ISP’s router or modem/router combo is connected to the incorrect port on the switch. It should be plugged into one of the 12 designated input ports, as shown in the screenshot below.

Please unplug the ISP Ethernet cable and connect it to the correct port. Additionally, reboot your ISP router by disconnecting it from the power outlet and then plugging it back in. After doing so, please attempt to check and connect to the Internet via the Access Points.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

I have done so, but I still can not see access point on my WiFi network. Any suggestions? Ty for your help