cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus connectivity keeps dropping

Overlook19
New Contributor

Hello, could someone please help. 

I have posted previously trying to gain assistance but I stopped receiving responses. 

my internet extenders keeps dropping going in and out and has been doing this consistently for about 6 months now. I originally made a forum post in January and have followed all the advice and still having issues. 

I have contacted my service provider to make sure it wasnt the internet connection and they replaced and updated all the equipment and I am still having issues. 

I have logged into the portal to update the software version and I am still having issues. 

I have read through other forums and followed advise give .. and still having issues. 

could someone please help!

8 REPLIES 8

4. My apologies. I loaded the same picture twice 

upstairs 

IMG_6916.jpeg

Hi @Overlook19 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

As per the light status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the R510 Access Points, they seem to be in a normal status.

As I see from one of the pictures you shared, seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshots. Please unplug the ethernet cable, plug it into the correct Switch port, and reboot (unplug and plug from the power source) your RUCKUS ICX- 7150-C12P Switch and ISP Router once try to connect to the Internet via Access Points to check the speed.

Please confirm and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Good Morning, 

I wanted to wait a few days to see how my internet was performing overall with these changes and it appears there are still some issues. 

one particular issue I noticed is that one of the access points does not pop up at all. Which would be the 5G one. 

Hi @Overlook19 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

At this point, I suggest you factory reset your Access Points and reconfigure them with a new Wi-Fi Network/SSID.

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article explaining the factory reset process of the RUCKUS Access Points.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Please let me know if you need help at any point during the process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.