cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Switch rebooted in Router mode after power outage, causing internet instability

brocashmere
New Contributor II

Hi,

I currently have my connection set up as below

Internet Modem -> Router -> Ruckus Switch/Router -> Ruckus APs

Originally, I believe my Ruckus Switch was set up as a Switch, but after a recent power outage, devices connecting to my Ruckus APs have become unstable.  When looking into the Ruckus Switch within the Ruckus app, its status is now PENDING, and also that it is now a "Router"?  It is also now prompting for a username and password when trying to access via the app, but I do not have a username and password.

How can I,

1. Revert the Ruckus Router back to a Switch format?

2. Access the Ruckus Switch/Router via username/pass?

3. Prevent the Switch from booting as a Router in future power outages?

I have seen similar topics but am not able to understand some of the steps to revert.  Would appreciate a step by step on how to resolve.

Thanks in advance for any help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @brocashmere 

please perform the Upgrade to the recommended code 08095g using the switching file named SPS08095gufi.bin, this will fix the current defect that exist after a power outage causing that the Switch boot from the secondary no default partition, but this time you will have both partitions in Switching code.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @brocashmere 

Just 08095g, that is the recommended code, so your upgrade patch is 

08090d>>08095g UFI

Example:

device# copy tftp flash 10.176.220.51 SPS08095gufi.bin primary

device# copy tftp flash 10.176.220.51 SPS08095gufi.bin secondary

device# Show flash  

device# Write memory

device# Reload

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Hi @brocashmere

You can go straight to 08095G UFI.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

brocashmere
New Contributor II

Thanks so much Yarenis, that did the trick and it is now rebooted as a switch.

However, now when I am checking the Switch within the Unleashed App, it is displayed in a Red status of "Connecting (Discovery)" where usually in the past I was able to see the number of devices connected etc.

Devices connected to the switch seem to be working as expected though.

Any thoughts on how to recover the Switch status in the app?  Thanks,

Hi @ brocashmere

Hit the option remove and then wait 10 minutes, if the unit is not added, try to add, if the issue persisted, please upgrade to the recommend code 08095g UFI and finally run the next commands to enable SSH.

1:Remove

2:Add

3:Upgrade to the code 08095g UFI

How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

How to upgrade a Switch ICX7150-C12P via TFTP

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

4:Once is upgraded, run the next set of commands(you may need to re add the Switch but know with the new credential you have set)

Switch>enable

Switch(config)#configure terminal

Switch(config)#crypto key generate

Switch(config)#username <xxx> password <xxx>

Switch(config)#aaa authentication login default local

Switch(config)#exit

Switch#write memory

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

brocashmere
New Contributor II

Hi Yarenis,

This is referencing viewing the Switch in the Mobile Ruckus Unleashed App (to manage its associated AP wifi network etc).  I successfully upgraded the switch via TFTP to 08095g ufi, I but am unable to locate an option to 1. Remove the Switch from the app (to see if the unit re-adds) per your instructions.  

I only have options to Refresh it, but it regenerates the red 'Connecting (Discovery)' status.  I also do not see an option to re-add a switch?