cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus R510AP-No Lights-Ruckus Unleashed

YMM
New Contributor

I have 3 Ruckus R510AP & can't get the lights to come on.  The Ruckus Switch is located in a closet with my AT&T gateway & others (Ring, SmartThings, Luton, etc).  The Ruckus Switch is powered "on".  

I have rebooted the Switch numerous times (unplugged), reset all APs, removed the blue wires from the Switch and put them back in the ports, but still no lights on the APs.  I have also rebooted the internet and everything else in the closet.

I was able to see the 3 APs listed in the AT&T Smart Home Manager (they showed "offline"), but they have disappeared.

I am technology challenged.  I reviewed some of the other posts, but just couldn't figure out how to fix my problem.  

I can't log in to the Ruckus Unleashed app because I can't connect to the Unleashed network (unable to reach Unleashed network).

Can technical support/engineer please assist me with getting my 3 APs back online? Greatly appreciated!

31 REPLIES 31

I did the steps, access denied.  

I attached 2 pics.

20240718_150840.jpg

20240718_150940.jpg

Hello @YMM 

Thank you for your response and the update.

Could you please attempt to connect using the PuTTY application? Refer to the below screenshot.

You can download PuTTY from the following link: https://www.putty.org/

Please try connecting and share a screenshot of the PuTTY CLI screen if you encounter any errors.

If connecting via PuTTY does not resolve the issue, please provide a picture showing the console cable connection between the Switch and your laptop.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hello.  The last thing I did was install PuTTY-received error "unable to open connection to COM3: Error 5: access is denied".  I got the same error message for Mobaxterm.  I'm attaching pics of steps taken with PuTTY, cable connection between my computer and the Switch.  Do u think that a setting is off-ethernet port 4 disabled because there is no green light????

Can we please do a phone conference to complete this very painful task?  I took off work and didn't make a lot of progress.

Thanks, Yarvete' McGee

20240718_150940.jpg

20240718_211843.jpg

20240718_211940.jpg

20240718_212006.jpg

20240718_212022.jpg

20240718_212104.jpg

20240718_212243.jpg

20240718_212243.jpg

20240718_212304.jpg

Hi @YMM 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Could you please once try using an ethernet cable to another port (refer to the below screenshot). That also is an optional port for console connection. (Port no. 15)

Please check and let me know if it works.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hello.  I have looked everywhere at home and I don't have an adapter.  The ethernet cable won't fit into my computer.  I will have to go to the store to buy an adapter.