cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Memory

Smyff3
New Contributor

Does the Ruckus systems have an internal memory? 

Our power goes out multiple times a year due to weather, and every time it goes out my Ruckus system forgets the network and I have to start from scratch and remake a ruckus network and reconnect everything to it. To say the least this is very annoying! 

Does the Ruckus system not have an internal memory for these instances or am I not configuring it correctly? 

If not, is there a product you recommend to remediate this issue? 

5 REPLIES 5

Jayavidhya

Hi @Smyff3 

Greetings of the day,

Thanks for your detailed description,

To solve this issue we need to check the current version of the switch and check whether the switch needs to be upgraded or not.

First we need to find the IP address of the switch by using the IP scanner on your network.

Here I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Smyff3
New Contributor

Hello,

I just did an update last week to 200.14.6.1.203.

I can verify this when I get back home if needed. 

Hi @Smyff3 

Thanks for your response,

Please update us with the version of the switch by using the steps mentioned in the above posts.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Smyff3
New Contributor

I can't even get the Ruckus network set up this time. None of my APs power light is coming on. The switch is on, but nothing on the APs. I am just running off my internet router right now. Any tips? This is very frustrating and has to be a better solution then having to go thru this every year. I almost want to get rid of ruckus completely since this has been such a headache.