cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX-7150 switch not powering on and has no status lights on

glenn_v
New Contributor II

I am a Lennar SmartHome homeowner and our Ruckus ICX-7150 switch stopped working. It doesn't turn on and has no status lights on. I have tested and confirmed that the power outlet it is plugged in is working. I have also tried replacing with a different power cable that is known to be working but no luck. The router is also confirmed working as I have Wi-Fi working as expected. But all the devices (Ruckus Access Points, Ring Doorbell, Cameras, Door lock, etc.) that are connected to the Ruckus switch are all offline.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Glenn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @glenn_v 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for sharing the requested PICTURES AND VIDEO.

Based on the troubleshooting done, your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not powering up, and when plugged into a power outlet there is no power to the Switch. Also, you tried to reset the Switch. And you confirm that the Switch is plugged into a well-known outlet/power source also tried with different cords. However, the failure persists. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and co-operation. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

glenn_v
New Contributor II

I got an email regarding the RMA case (Case #01576474). This is what it says:

Based on your request, we understand that you are looking for Technical Assistance on your Ruckus Wireless /Switching product deployed in your Lennar Home. Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. We will be exclusively supporting customers via a community forum support model and hence no phone calls or emails will be accepted. You can find the Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes at ‘ https://community.ruckuswireless.com/’ and select ‘Ruckus Lennar Support’ or by searching for it in your search engine of choice. You will need to create an account on the forum to receive support.

I responded to the email and am waiting for their response. But did I make a mistake in my RMA request? You said to request it by chat only but I noticed in the Contact Us page, there is a "Request an RMA" link which is pointing to https://support.ruckuswireless.com/cases/new#sort=relevancy URL. Is it the same as the chat? I noticed the information to fill out in the request form is the same as the one asked in the chat. So I'm guessing they are the same but I wonder why their email sounds like they don't know I'm requesting for RMA.

Hi @glenn_v 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Yes, the request must be from CHAT only.

However, you can check the response for the email you responded to.

Otherwise you can check your RMA status using the same link mentioned below.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

glenn_v
New Contributor II

Thanks. They have responded and will proceed with the RMA.

Hi @glenn_v 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please let me know if there is any help required from my end.

Thank you again for your understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi