cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150 switch does not boot

bwiscott44
New Contributor

A little background on the progression of issues with this unit. This is the 5th time I have had an issue with this Switch over the past two years.

• First it was it booting into router mode. 
  • 2nd and 3rd time I was able to reboot the switch and it happened to catch on like the 40th attempt and boot up.
  • 4th time it wouldnt boot similar to the issue I have having now. However, I was able to complete the Software Recovery and get it going.
  • Current Issue: As of a power outage this morning I am unable to complete the Software Recovery process since the switch does not allow me to connect. The serial connection is unresponsive.

I have now spent over 80 hrs of time the past couple years having to constantly troubleshoot/fix this product. Since I can no longer even connect to it and attempt the Software Recovery it would seem to me the unit is done for.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @bwiscott44 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

If your Switch is back to normal (PWR and SYST with Green lights), we may need to check some configurations of the Switch ports. To check the same please follow the below process.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to access the Command Line Interface (CLI) of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

bwiscott44
New Contributor

Hi Imran,

I just logged into the web UI to get what you are requesting. was easier to grab at the moment. See Attached.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 6.56.27 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 7.08.06 PM.png

  

Hi @bwiscott44 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

I see your Switch is on an older 8090d version. We suggest you upgrade your Switch to a stable 8095g version. Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help guide and follow the same for the upgrade process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-upgrade-RUCKUS-ICX-71...

Please follow and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.