cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150 - reset not working

bbatjargal11
New Contributor

Internet is working fine.

Switch is PWR and SYS lights on but ports do not.

All access points including Ring door bell is not working/ no lights on.

This issue happening after power outage - need help. 

Followed below link instruction - but when trying to telnet through PUTTY using serial number - cannot find COM number from Device Manager. PC shows only (Network adapter - realtek USBGbE Family Controller). Ethernet connection got established through Realtek USB GbE Family Controller - not Intel R Active Management technology. Need help. 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re... 

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @bbatjargal11 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that your ICX-7150-C12P Switch is stuck in boot mode, and you are trying to perform a software recovery on your Switch. 

As you mentioned there are lights on PWR and SYST, If there is an amber/orange light on the "SYST" and a green light on the "PWR" on the Switch (as it is in the below picture). Meaning the Switch is stuck in the boot mode.

Basically, due to the power outage/ power spike, the switch went to a state that we call ‘boot mode’ that is not able to boot up properly. 

Please follow the below steps to fix this issue:

First, we will try to reset the Switch as described below:

1. Please try to disconnect from the Power outlet the ICX-7150 and reconnect.

2. Please try to press the reset button using a paper click or a small stick 

• Remove power from the switch.
  • Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  • After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.

Below is the Guide and Videos link for your reference:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-D3B5DB74-53A7-4F8D-82F9-6EB600879EE...

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

IF RESET IS NOT WORKING, PLEASE TRY TO RESET YOUR SWITCH MULTIPLE TIMES AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.

If your Switch is still unable to reset, you could follow the Software recovery process by following the Software recovery guide you shared in the post.

As you mentioned you are unable to get COM port information, could you please share a picture of the Switch and Laptop/PC showing the cables connections?

And please note, we do not use Telnet to establish the connection, it is a Serial connection as shown in the below screenshot.

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch and Laptop/PC showing the cable connections.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

cannot upload image - it says I don't have permission. 

I ran below command. Ping is failing. What do i do from here? 

it says "ping failed; host 192.168.0.2 is not alive. "

“setenv ipaddr 192.168.0.3”                       (assign an IP address to the

switch, As you see I just change the last digit instead 2 as my computer I used 3)

"setenv gatewayip 192.168.0.2"                                          (default gateway of your network, which will be your own computer as well)

“setenv netmask 255.255.255.0”                  (net mask belonging to the network, matching with the same found from the CMD)

“setenv serverip 192.168.0.2”                   (enter the IP address of the TFTP server, means the computer wire to the Switch on the management port)

"printenv"                                                              (check the values you recently change)

- Enter command saveenv to save the changes

"saveenv"

“ping 192.168.0.2”                                      (ping to test connectivity to your network Computer IP)

Hi @bbatjargal11 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and information. 

Did you try to reset your Switch multiple times with a paper clip as explain in the previous post?

As mentioned in the previous post, please log in to the community portal to upload the pictures. Please share the requested pictures and the screenshots of the ‘not alive’ error and printenv output.

Also, please provide an image/photo of cable connections connected to your Switch and a Laptop/PC where you are trying software recovery.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.