cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P System light Amber, Pwr green

T_Rowell
New Contributor

On 4 April my Ruckus switch stopped working and providing power or internet through the AP's in the house. I checked the switch in the closet and the system light was showing amber, and power light green. None of the ports showed any lighting indicating power was being supplied to the system. I followed several of the previous messages in this forum to attempt to reset the switch without any success. 

I attempted to connect the switch through the computer to do a software recovery utilizing Putty as outlined in this post RUCKUS Forums - How to perform a Software recovery on an ICX7150 s... - CommScope RUCKUS Community F... result showed as not alive when attempting to ping the address for the switch. 

Any advice or insight would be appreciated. 

I spoke with my neighbors and no one lost power during the day when the switch stopped working. So I do not believe this was caused by a power loss. 

I have filed a case with customer support #01455255

3 REPLIES 3

Chandini
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi T_Rowell 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I see that you have already tried software recovery process. Please refer the below link . 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/icx-7150-error-can-t-get-ker...

I found the above link nearest to the issue you might be facing. Please read through the entire conversation in the above link. 

And if you are still facing issue . Could you share below details with us 

1) Are you able to connect to the the switch console and are you able to get into the boot mode . It will come up as "ICX7150-Boot>"

2) Please help us with "printenv", "update_primary" and "show_image" outputs 

3) Also try to turn off the firewall when you try software recovery process once again 

I hope this helps

Thanks 

Thank you, Chandini. I will follow the referenced link and see if this solves the issue. 

Hi @T_Rowell 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

As per the case description, I could understand that you are unable to perform software recovery of the ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

As Chandni mentioned, could you please turn off the Windows firewall and retry the software recovery process once again?

Please refer to the below link on how to turn off the Windows firewall:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-microsoft-defender-firewall-on-or-off-ec0844f7-aebd...

Please help us with the screenshots if there are any errors and let us know if you are stuck at any point in the software recovery process.

Before uploading the photos, please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.