cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus 7150 not powering

Tpad
New Contributor

Hello,

We have Lennar home with Ruckus network. I need assistance, my Ruckus 7150 switch it is dead and all Status lights and POE plugs are not powering APS. I have tried everything In messages posts including resetting it 15-20 times, unplugging it and replugging to different power outlets, connecting laptop to switch, but nothing works.  I am not familiar with rebooting the switch and can’t get it to appear in laptop with C usb connection to try. 

Can someone help on how to get a replacement and/or recommend a different brand switch with POE compatibility with Ruckus APs?

I appreciate your assistance,

Tony 

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Tpad 

Thank you for the response and the information.

I truly Apologize for the inconvenience caused. 

Please note warranty is not covered for such issues, as this is a software issue that can be fixed with the troubleshooting steps.

Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email or remote session. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

And this forum is on a best-effort support basis.

Please do not worry, I will help you resolve this issue.

Could you please confirm your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch light status at present?

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

IMG_1167.jpeg

IMG_1168.jpeg

Hello Imran,

Hope you are well. Yeah, I’m trying to have patience but it hard when I don’t speak the tech language.

I tried to connect switch to my computer and status lights are not on. When I reset switch all lights blink yellow including status lights but only lights currently on in photos remain on. Status lights and lights for POE plugs don’t light up or work. Also, switch does not come up on computer when plugged in through C usb drive. I tried windows and Mac and neither computer detected switch.  I added a photo of APs which I plugged into the switch to show lights are not working. 
How can I reset switch if there is no way to connect to it? Can I use Xfinity  modem or network to connect to it? 
Do you recommend I get Ant-man suit shrink and get into switch and maybe you can guide me to fix the issue?  I’m being sarcastic but don’t know what else to do. 

IMG_1166.jpeg

 do have any sorcery, wizards, or jeti skills to use your mind to fix it from wherever you are?

The **bleep** force is not with me here, Luke!!!!

???????

thanks.

Hi @Tpad 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Let me guide you. When you connect a USB type C cable between the Switch and the Laptop as you have connected in the picture you shared, could you please open the Device Manager? And share a screenshot showing the COM ports information. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1182.jpeg

IMG_1184.jpeg

IMG_1186.jpeg

Hello Imrun

hope all is well. Still having issues.

here’s are photos from trying to reset to checking device drive.

Switch not working, don’t know what else to do?

thanks

Hi @Tpad 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As I can see from a picture you shared there are lights on PWR and SYST, if there is an amber/orange light on the "SYST" and a green light on the "PWR" on the Switch (as it is in the below picture). Meaning the Switch is stuck in the boot mode.

Basically, due to the power outage/ power spike, the switch went to a state that we call ‘boot mode’ that is not able to boot up properly. 

IF RESET DOESN’T WORK: Please follow the below steps.

If the reset does not make any difference, we need to perform a software recovery since it can be that the image flash is corrupted in basic words the unit is not able to boot up properly and need re-install the image to boot up properly.

Below is the Guide and Video Link to perform the Software recovery process:

Please refer to the below guide and Video link: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql22blH_CGo

Please use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable both together as described in steps 2 & 3 in the above guide link. Request you follow the same and perform the software recovery process. 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi