cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus 510 no lights or connection after power outage

Dylannn23
New Contributor

after a power outage, my ruckus and other internet enabled devices were no longer connected to my internet. I had to enter the password for my other devices to be connected to the internet, but my ruckus is not connected. The AP no longer has lights showing and I haven’t been able to use it since the power outage

9 REPLIES 9

pinky_ruckus

Hello @Dylannn23 ,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working after the power outage and Access points do not have power.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1.  On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

2.  May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch?  

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. 

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to ALL the above queries or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Dylannn23
New Contributor

Hello, here is a picture. I do not see any status lights on. I believe I saw some status lights the other day when I unplugged the device and plugged it back in, but right now nothing is showing. Only one access port is connected to the device. The yellow wire is connected to my wireless gateway for internet, the grey wire is plugged in to a cable that leads somewhere in the wall, which I’m assuming connects to the access point. When the power went out, something was updated with my internet and required all internet enabled devices to be reconnected again

IMG_7940.jpeg

Hi @Dylannn23,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

From the picture you shared, I see that the lights on the Switch are off.

Could you please plug your ICX-7150-C12P Switch into a working power outlet and send us PICTURES and VIDEO of it showing the light status, and a cord connected to the Switch and a working power outlet? 

Please refer to the below pictures as an example.

Please use the below link to upload a VIDEO:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16lG-j0MSKzjqBJSY4rsgh4myUlseA9bz?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I uploaded a video to the drive (IMG_7945). There are no status lights showing when the device is plugged in. Status lights appear for a second when I initially plug the device back in, but they turn off almost instantly as seen in the video.

I have tested two different outlets and confirmed they have power and are functioning as normal, as one powers my wireless gateway and the other initially powered the Ruckus. I plugged in my phone charger to both and confirm that they both began charging my phone instantly. Status lights appeared to fail both times, apart from when the device was initially plugged in. I double checked to ensure the power cable is completely plugged into each outlet, and the Switch. IMG_7946.jpgIMG_7949.jpg