cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rucks device stops working

jag4645
New Contributor

Hello There,

The rucks device suddenly stops working and all the access points are also turned off. I followed up on other messages, and try to solve it but had no luck, even Advanced IP Scanner is not able to find it on the network, I also tried to reset it but still nothing, it does not come on the network.

dasfaccess point

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jag4645 

Thank you for the detailed information you shared,

As I can see from the information you shared, the PoE is in the disabled state on all the ports of the Switch (Please refer to the below screenshot). By which the Access Points are unable to get the power.

To enable the PoE on the Switch, please perform the below commands from the CLI:

Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/12
Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#inline power

Also attaching a Screenshot as a reference:

Once you perform the above process all ports should be On, and APs should get the power.

Also, I would like to suggest upgrading your Switch to the latest stable version, as your current Switch is on the old version which is SPS08060. Please let me know once you are done with the above process, to assist you with the upgrading of the Switch.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

Hi @mariate363 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well

As this case is raised by @jag4645 which is old and closed.

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post with the problem you're facing and a detailed description of the network issue and what you've done so that we can guide you properly.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

The ports or outputs where the data and voltage cables are connected are not working, the lights do not light that indicates that they are not passing signal or current to the connected slides, the two access points do not work are off, no current or signal reaches them, and the ring that is connected to the rukus also does not reach current or wifi signal. In other words, there is no power or signal coming from the RUKUS.

Thank you

Hi @mariate363 

As mentioned in my previous post, this is another post thread raised by a different user.

To avoid confusion with posts, you can create your own post from https://community.ruckuswireless.com/ in RUCKUS Lennar Support option. 

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi