cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Issue with no Resolution - ICX 7150 keep getting to boot mode every time we lose power

helbastawisy
New Contributor

This is a repeated issue. The ruckus closes the case with no resolution. The unit is at my residence and by the time we receive a response I am at work. The same issue keeps repeating and the same answers I get, to reset.

In brief, the unit gets to reboot mode every time we lose power. The STAT amber light is on and the POWER green light is on. There are five access points connected. This is repeated many times. My home network is not working for a few weeks. Please advise

helbastawisy_0-1710257492224.jpeg

helbastawisy_2-1710257536588.jpeg

helbastawisy_3-1710257565963.jpeg

23 REPLIES 23

Imran_ruckus

Hi @helbastawisy 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is getting stuck on boot mode frequently.

Please note, this issue happens repeatedly after a power outage when your Switch is on an older version. To avoid this, you may need to upgrade your Switch to a recommended stable version.

Before we assist you with an upgrade we need to get the Switch into the normal state by resetting the with a paper clip (as you mentioned) or software recovery.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article to troubleshoot this issue.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

Please let me know once the Switch comes back to its normal state to assist you with the upgrade of the same.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

helbastawisy
New Contributor

Thanks, Imran.

I tried to reset it again. All lights keep flashing in Amber and it stays like this for a couple of hours. When it stops it goes back to the same booting mode. Please advise

Hi @helbastawisy 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please try to reset the Switch multiple times.

If reset doesn't work, please perform the software recovery on the Switch as explained in the same guide shared in my previous post.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran,

I tried multiple times and all lights keep amber flashing. The other option requires a special cable that I do not have. I tried a multiport adapter but it is not showing on the computer screen. What else a regular user can do to get his equipment fixed? Please advise.