cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rented Lennar Home - Ruckus system broadcasting recover.me

ian_mcaninch
New Contributor

We just moved into a Lennar home with a Ruckus system.  The system is has a recover.me ssid, but none of the passwords provided work, nor did the serial number off what I assume is the master access point (510).  Any ideas?  There's a modem/router that goes to a switch with three ethernet cables going off to the access points - one of which is about 15' in the air (I can reach the other two).  I'm not familiar with mesh systems but am half competent.  At the moment we have the modem going to a normal wireless router for some half-decent internet.  Sadly I can't plug anything directly into an access point - my laptops ethernet dongle is missing in the move.

12 REPLIES 12

I did enable mesh.  I'll give the whole thing a try again, this time with the direct IP

Given then neverending "building network" I suspect I have firmware v 200.3 and it needs changed.  Any ideas on how to do that when I can't get to the setup wizard?  And would that firmware propagate to the slave APs?

Tried connecting via ethernet directly - and it turned out I had an easier time getting to the wizard with my phone.  Configured and nothing....  Tried the phone app, says it's configured and to connect to the SSID but that doesn't show up...

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

Hello,

Some suggestions:

1. As you have Ethernet cables to APs, you definitely don't need mesh, so disable it from the beginning.

2. I would recommend to start configuration by disconnecting from power all APs except one, it will make setup faster and more reliable.

3. When setting up the first AP,  take care that Internet connection is available (for my experience, DNS and Internet unavailability makes building unleashed network much slower).

4. If possible, use static IP for the first AP (or check what IP is provided to it by router. Connect directly to this IP.

5. You can upgrade firmware on master AP before building unleashed network from WEB interface, if you have newer image available, it may help, but it should work with current version too.

When you get the first AP working properly as master, you can connect other and complete setup.

Currently, as you have 3 APs on network during initial setup, it is probable, that after you set up the first, and it is rebooting,  some other AP decides that he is a master and starts building network as a master, and you get messed.

Also as you enabled mesh, all APs are looking for neighbors on mesh too, which adds to mess.

Anyway, to do anything from mentioned, you need some connectivity to the network, best by cable, but it can be any third party WiFi too.

Hope it helps,

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

One more thing -- check what switch model you have installed, and if it is PoE.

1. Check if power to APs is provided from switch

2. Check if it is a managed switch -- if yes,  check port and VLAN configuration.

Of cause, it is stupid unmanaged PoE switch, than there is not much to check.

But if it is managed switch, it configuration may be reason for problems.