cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconfiguring Ruckus

theotherone89
New Contributor

I have only used my spectrum wifi until now. But starting to have issues with certain devices (specifically 2 different HP printers) not wanting to connect and intermittent dropouts. I am trying to use the Lennar wifi off the ruckus and it barely works at all. I want to reconfigure the system so I can login and manage with the app. When I am connected to that Lennar wifi, the ruckus unleashed app says that I’m not connected to an unleashed network. Not sure if my APs are working properly because that should be my unleashed network (correct if wrong). Pretty sure the previous tenants didn’t do anything with the ruckus so I’m looking for how to do an initial setup and get everything linked in with the ruckus apps so I can manage the network. Im also looking to possibly update firmware as well. Im hoping I can do that through the app so I dont have to use the flash drive procedure. Can someone point me to the right procedure for this? Having a hard time trying to find what I need in the forum. Thanks.

37 REPLIES 37

Hello @theotherone89 

May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Are you able to access the unleashed web GUI from your browser? 
Does the new unleashed wifi have a different name from the spectrum wifi? 

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

I have 2 APs. Both showing green power and amber 5ghz and 2.4 ghz. Master AP also showing green control. The WiFi has a different name when I set it up. I am able to log in to browser based gui. The switch is showing as disconnected on the gui.

theotherone89_0-1707491170915.png

Hi @theotherone89 

Please check our guide below to add the ICX to your unleashed network:

Approving a New Switch to Join Unleashed
https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.15-onlinehelp/page/GUID-30C6694A-6AEE-4DF8-9459-1AB1...

Here is a video that explains the process too: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4xRQonuMqM

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

It did not give me the login option. It said it could not auto locate the IP address of the switch. I manually entered the IP address of the switch and the system has been sitting in the connecting state doing nothing for over an hour. Please advise.