cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: boot mode reset

cspringer
New Contributor

Crystol has hired Geek Squad to come out and assist with the troubleshooting of her Ruckus system. We attempted to perform the factory reset and were unsuccessful in doing so.  We were never able to get the unit to display or broadcast the setup wifi to connect to the device and perform first time setup of the device.  We attempted usb flash drive factory reset and were still unsuccessful in getting the unit back to factory settings.  Also attempted to use the factory reset button multiple times as Crystol has attempted as well all getting the same result. When I arrived at her home  the Access point has power light on on the access point but no other lights.  Tried moving ports on the switch and got ctl light and power light on but were still unable to access the switch to setup the wifi as she had before.  

21 REPLIES 21

Imran_ruckus

Hi @cspringer 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve the issues you are experiencing with your RUCKUS setup.

Based on the information provided, it appears that you are encountering issues with factory reset.

To assist you further we need the current status of your RUCKUS system. Please help me with the below queries.
1. When your switch is connected to the outlet, do you observe any illuminated lights (amber or green)? Kindly describe which lights are visible. Additionally, please provide a photo showing the status of the lights and the full switch panel with cable connections to the switch ports.

2. How many access points are currently connected to the switch? Please describe the status of the lights on the access points. Similarly, include a photo showing the access points' light status.

Please upload these photos to your RUCKUS account before proceeding. 

Should you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out. 

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to resolving this matter for you promptly.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

this is all thats plugged inthis is all thats plugged inif you try to reboot it turns to amber for awhile but never lets the reboot happenif you try to reboot it turns to amber for awhile but never lets the reboot happen

here are the photos.... nothing is connected. We had to move everything since it failed to allow a reboot. I hired Geek Squad to come to my home and reboot and they also stated above that its not working properly.  Please let me know what to do to get this back online

Hi @cspringer 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

As per the light status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it seemss to be in a normal status.

As I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable plug it into the correct port and reboot (unplug/plug from the power outlet) your Switch and ISP Router once then try to connect to the Internet via Access Points.

Please check and let me know if that works.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

IMG_9196.jpg

OK moved it over like you said and now its back to one amber light. How do I reconnect from an access point?  This is why I had Geek Squad out because I dont know about any of this. You'll need to fully explain everything. I moved the wire over and unplugged and plugged back in and here is where I am. Please advise