cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R850 AP setup question

craig_schmidt
New Contributor

I ordered a new R850 from NewEgg. I planned on using this in an Unleashed mode with my current Ubiquity setup and do not have any other Ruckus hardware. My current network already uses a 192.168.0.x network. When I plug the R850 into my Ubiquity POE switch, it boots and broadcasts its configure SSID, etc., but this is where I run into problems. The r850 is assigned 192.168.0.197 IP address from my current DHCP server. If I try to connect to this IP address via a web browser, it fails. The AP doesnt accept the connection, so I do not see any logon screen or any way to configure the r850. If I connect to the wireless SSD offered up by the R850, I am asked for a wireless password. From what I have read online, there isnt supposed to be a default password to connect to the SSID, but I also read one person mention the serial number is the default password for the network password. If I enter the Serial Number as the password, I can indeed connect to the r850, but I do NOT receive an IP Address so there is again no way to configure the R850. If I manually assign myself an IP address (and use the 192.168.0.197 as the default gateway and DNS) I still dont get internet access and I can't get to the IP address of the r850 either. Lastly, I also tried using the mobile app and connected my phone to the R850. Again, I get no IP address but I still tried to see if the mobile app could find the AP but it cant. I then tried manually setting my IP address to one within the 192.168.0.x network and the mobile app still does not find the r850. I also tried resetting the r850 to factory defaults and it still acts exactly as previously described.

Is there a way to update the firmware via the USB port on the r850 to force it into Unleashed mode? Any ideas what else I could try to get this configured?!?!?!?

2 REPLIES 2