cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R750 Zwave Unleashed?

keith_ramphal
New Contributor

Can I utilize the Zwave features of the R750 with unleashed or do I need a ZoneDirector? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Keith,

R750 supports in-built Zigbee and BLE. It does not have Z-Wave inbuilt feature. Could you please re-confirm from where you got the info?

If you need Z-Wave feature to work, then you need Samsung Smart Hub Dongle on the AP. The AP (Connected to Smartzone) should be managed by the IOT controller to make this feature work.

Check the below link and refer page 34 for more information.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/3956-ruckus-iot-1-8-2-0-mr-controller-configuration-gui...

Yes, you need licenses on the IOT controller and the Smart Zone.

It would be great if you can contact your local sales so that they can help you with the setup details and the licenses.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Keith,

Are you using Samsung Smart Hub dongle for Zwave function?

You might need the IOT suite and Virtual/Smart zone to connect the AP to IOT controller and make this feature work.

Let me know how you want to use the Z-Wave so that I can confirm the same.

keith_ramphal
New Contributor

My understanding was that the R750 had integrated Zwave radios, per the product sheet. 

The R750 has built-in IoT radios with onboard BLE and Zigbee capabilities. In addition, the R750 is a converged access point that allows customers to seamlessly integrate any new wireless technologies with our USB port.

but if they do not, then I can get the Smart Hub Dongle without too much issue. 

Do the features you mentioned need a license? 

(IOT Suite and Virtual/Smart Zone)

My use case is setting up home assistant, which is a home automation platform that's locally hosted. I want to be able to manage the Zwave devices that I have here. (Which include things like light switches and outlets.) 

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi Keith,

R750 supports in-built Zigbee and BLE. It does not have Z-Wave inbuilt feature. Could you please re-confirm from where you got the info?

If you need Z-Wave feature to work, then you need Samsung Smart Hub Dongle on the AP. The AP (Connected to Smartzone) should be managed by the IOT controller to make this feature work.

Check the below link and refer page 34 for more information.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/3956-ruckus-iot-1-8-2-0-mr-controller-configuration-gui...

Yes, you need licenses on the IOT controller and the Smart Zone.

It would be great if you can contact your local sales so that they can help you with the setup details and the licenses.

keith_ramphal
New Contributor

It turns out I misread the article and mentally transposed Zigbee and ZWave I apologize. I'll order the smarthub dongle tonight and reach out to sales. Thank you for your help!